Monday, July 16, 2012

Bear Paw and 15 years!

This past weekend was 27th Annual Bear Paw Festival in Eagle River, and it was my 14th year attending it!  The following day was also the 15th anniversary of moving to Alaska - how crazy!  This is by far the longest I've lived anywhere (the previous record was 5 years in Germany, which I don't remember any of, since I was so young, and the average for any other location was 3-4 years).  Quite impressive for a former Air Force brat.
Anyway, we had a blast going to the Grand Parade and watching the various floats and groups.  Then Aimee and I took Abby on the "big girl rides" and had a blast!  Since we don't have any real amusement parks in Alaska, this was the closest it gets & some of the rides were quite impressive!  After weeks of rain and clouds, it warmed up a bit (lower 60s) and stayed dry until later that evening.  Some pictures of the fun (and exhausting) day are below:
Aimee and Abby before the parade

Connor being a ham

Sisters!

The Woodley family watching the parade

A dancing fez and the shiners!

View of Bear Paw and Eagle River from the ferris wheel

Aimee and Abby being silly on the ferris wheel

Aimee and Abby flying down the Super Slide

Aimee and Abby on the Squirrel Cages (Abby did so good & wanted to go again!)

Another view of Bear Paw and the Chugach Mountains

Twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment